Monday, August 30, 2010

Accepting the things I cannot change....

You know, my family tradition is very strongly rooted in the wisdom of the Serenity Prayer...but you know, DAMN it's hard to follow sometimes!  There are lots of things that I can't change...but there are lots of things that I can.  On particularly tough days, when it seems shit is just determined to happen...it helps me to remember that all of the non important things will pass away, pass from concern.

Today, I posted to Facebook (y'all KNOW I love me some FB) that I was "letting go of unimportant things.."  I hope that I'm able to fill some "space" with more important things....better connections with family and friends, service/volunteer work in realms other than mentoring in the interpreting field, even though I do LOVE mentoring interpreters...who'd have thought..., and a more healthy Jay, physically and mentally.  Those are things I think we can all improve on, but have been on my mind for a bit.

I'd love some feedback!  Night, y'all!  I love y'all!

2 comments:

  1. Nothing wrong with the cards you've been dealt, ya know...

    -"Diet Coke"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right there with you!! Check out my blog posting for the day...signing-on.blogspot.com. Definitely some similar themes.

    ReplyDelete